Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dream: Blades

Somehow we came across each other, somehow we met again.

She passed by muttering an insult in my direction for reasons I do not know, but her words made me freeze. I could see a memory flashing before my eyes from a past life I'm assuming, in black and white, and the same exact words were said to me by someone who wanted to hurt me, an enemy. And enemy of what, I couldn't remember.

Noticing that I had reacted to her comment, she paused herself. Her eyes lingered on my form, observing me with more intensity than before. Suddenly her lips curled into a unsettling smile as if she had finally realized who I was.

Events whirled by and the both of us ended up in the same room with a large table placed in between us. She seemed delighted that we were finally alone together without any other witnesses around. Her hand reached out, grasping a blade resting on the table. I cautiously stepped away from her and the table fearing for my life. She leaped over the table, the long blade firmly grasped in her hand and her body language screamed that she had years of experience of combat with blades. 

Our exchanges happened so fast; majority of the time I was trying to grab her arm or block by redirecting her thrusts. She did managed to slice me in a few places; one on my arm, another on my face cutting from the end of my eyebrow and close to the corner of my eye, and another on my leg. She struck again, trying to stab while I barely managed to grab her wrist she pressed the blade down with her other hand. Slowly the blade went down digging into the web of skin between my thumb and index finger. I cried out trying my best to push her away and keep the blade from sinking further into my skin.

All of a sudden she pulled away and sliced horizontally towards my stomach. I screamed again.

I woke up feeling my heart beating fast, and instantly calling out for Taran frantically. It was second nature to reach out and call for him when I become scared or need comfort. He instantly responded, feeling him trying to comfort and smooth away my fears. It's been awhile since I've had a dream that neared a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment