Sunday, October 20, 2013

Captive

I don't know how long I've been here but it feels like an eternity. Normally I would be grateful to have the open room empty as it is now, but I found that I no longer care. I no longer have the strength to fight off those vicious little thistle-like fae nor fight off my captor who enjoyed every beating, and torturous session he had with me. He was cruel, we all knew he was. Cruel, spiteful, clever and thrived in his insanity. I don't know how many times I screamed, cried when I was alone, and just begged that someone would find me and save me from this prison. Sometimes I found myself wishing I would just die but that wouldn't do. I was precious, I was needed for what crazed blood ritual he was planning. He needed me alive, but that didn't mean in perfect health.

I was positive that my skin was discolored in every place of my body. The lacerations throbbed constantly reminding me that they were present along with my wrists that were raw from the metal bindings. Any movement cause excruciating pain, probably from broken bones, indicating just how shattered my body had become. Not only just broken but filthy as well. My long hair greased with to much natural oils, and blood, tangled into numerous knots. The once snow white gown that adorned my form was now shredded, faded into a dirty grey with large spots of dried blood that ran to the floor and stained the stone as well.

I exhaled. I could see my breath become a mist before fading away. It was always cold in this huge open room. Probably once a glorious ball room now darken, destroyed for his purposes. Few rays of moonlight shone down through the glass ceiling but they no longer provided comfort.

Oh, how I wish someone would just take the pain away.

Finally there was sound, movement. The doors clattered open loudly echoing with shuffling, yelling and the sound of the metals chains. With what little strength left, I slowly rolled my head to the side to watch the scene. Two guards dragged a young woman over to part of the etched circle, binding her wrists to the chains from the floor. She was yelling, demanding that they let her go, struggling in what ever way possible but the guards were to strong. I could practically see myself in her place when I first arrived, doing everything in my power to get free.

Once firmly secure the guards left, hard sparing a glance my way. The doors clattered again indicating that they had left. The young woman, the more I observed her, looked strikingly familiar. But I couldn't recall who through the haze that gripped my mind. But I could see her blue-green eyes staring at me with absolute horror, and her lips moving. What was she saying? It was to hard to focus anymore.

Slowly I blinked. Did she say sister? A moment of clarity came and I finally knew why she was familiar. 'Sister....' I confirmed before closing my eyes, falling into the darkness.

*

I woke to the sound of noise, the sounds of the doors opening, but I didn't bother to open my eyes. I knew what was coming when the doors opened with such force. If I could just slip back unconscious maybe...

I cried out when I felt my upper body suddenly lifted in a pair of arms, pain sweeping over every inch of my being. Muscles contracted, automatically embracing what was to happen next. Except what normally happened next, didn't happen but something unexpected. A hand slipping gently against my cheek, cupping it, and slowly moving my head to face forward. All I could hear was soft, disbelieving whispers of my name being repeated. "Open your eyes."

Following the command, I struggled to open my eyes enough to see through them. At the sight I saw, I just wanted to cry with happiness. "Taran," I whispered meekly staring up into his golden hues. He leaned down, pressing his forehead against mine, feeling him cradle my battered body against his.

I felt my chains lifted from the ground, the sound of metal clashing against each other before my wrists felt incredibly lighter. "We need to get out of here before he knows what's happening," another voice floating in the background. 

I could feel a tightening of his grip. "I'm sorry, please bare the pain a little longer," he whispered across my face before I felt my entire body lifted up. I didn't last long against the pain, falling back once again into the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment