Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Is it a future? Or merely a dream?

There is a girl, such a beautiful child she is.

A smile, bright as the sun, dawns her lips and light cerulean eyes twinkle like the stars. Straight locks fall over her shoulders stopping at her hips and each strand black as the night sky. Her clear skin a light caramel contrasting against the darkness of her hair and the light hues in her eyes. A flowing, alabaster colored dress covered her form held together with the thin straps hanging from her bare shoulders and another pair of straps wrapping behind her neck. Gold jewelry adorned her wrists in numerous thin bracelets, with a match pair of small hoop earring clinging to the lobe of her ear.

She danced amongst the field of sunflowers, pure laughter filling the air that could sooth any wound. I could only watch admiringly at her child innocence, and my chest swelling with happiness. She approaches, eyes wide and hopeful, reaching out her thin arms. I sweep her into my arms, clinging to her, afraid she was going to disappear from my very eyes.

Please tell me that this is not just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment