Friday, November 8, 2013

The tree

"Let the light guide me...
...and reveal to me what needs to be know."

Wisps of vivid neon green swirl into an image. Twirling around each other, the wisps create roots of a great tree turning brown as the green continues upward designing the trunk up to the tips of the lush leaves sprouting on every branch. Before long, standing in white, I'm staring up at majestic tree.

I step closer but pause from going any further when a white, furred face comes into view from amongst the branches. It steps into full view revealing to be a white fox. It states down at me for a brief moment before jumping down to the ground, taking off in a dash. Easily it rushed past me into the brush of the forest behind, and disappears from sight.

Carefully, I move forward unable to do anything about the fox but curiously wonder why it was up in tree. I climb onto one of its extending trunk roots hugging onto the base, the rough bark pressing against my skin. I climb up as much as I possibly can until I run out of grooves to firmly place my feet or hold onto. 

As if the tree sensed my predicament ivy suddenly sprouted from the ground, curling along the bark and amongst each making a thick patch of ivy strong enough to hold my weight. I grasp on and continue my climb until I reach the base of where all the branch reach out from. The area is large enough to walk around and lead to somewhere. A path of grass and pink flowers grow creating a path to follow.

I start following but stop when I hear a faint male voice. "Come back."

I peer over my shoulder, but see no one. I hear it again, softer. "Come back..." I can't help but wake up from my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment